Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Anais Incarnate


  
These Tocca images from the new Fall 11 ad campaign could be illustrations of Anais in Paris circa. 1920 don't you think? "The little black velvet jacket, the lace collar, the lacing over the breasts- how perfect, absolutely perfect. I like the way you cover yourself, too." p.23 Henry & June
    



"Anais, I was dazzled by your beauty! I lost my head, I felt wretched. I have been blind, blind, I said to myself. You stood there like a Princess. You were the Infanta! You looked thoroughly disappointed in me. What was the matter? Did I look stupid? I probably was. I wanted to get down on my knees and kiss the hem of your dress. So many Anaises you have shown me-and now this one!" -A note from Henry Miller to Anais Nin, p.16o, Henry & June

Read more on the Anais Nin-Henry Miller love affair in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment